You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/16 scale figures for the Abrams M1A2 tank?  

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/16 scale figures for the Abrams M1A2 tank?  

I just ordered the Heng Long Abrams M1A2 tank. I thought I read somewhere that the crewman figure that is included is not dressed as a modern tank commander, but more the WWII type figure that I have with my Sherman tank.

Does anyone have a lead on where to pick up a 1/16 scale suitable figure for the Abrams tank? I'm new to the tank world and there are over 30 pages to wade through, if I was to make a search. Appreciate any help.

Regards,

davegee

Here's an option:

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
      Thanks, sclui56! I assume 120mm is approximately 1/16 scale, without whipping out my calculator?

Appreciate the response. This is what I'm looking for for the Abrams.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

Should be about 6'3"

Comment

We need a TALL tank commander! Thanks, my Abrams is in the mail. Once I get a good look at it, I'll order that figure. Should work out great!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

Does Tamiya make anything?

Comment

Depending on how authentic you want/need your commander to be... I purchased this group because it gives you a chance to choose a commander (I removed its legs and added Velcro so it would stay put)

Comment

Originally posted by HardRock View Post
                Depending on how authentic you want/need your commander to be... I purchased this group because it gives you a chance to choose a commander (I removed its legs and added Velcro so it would stay put)

That is a nice set at a good price. They should be 5’4” in 1/16 scale, a nice height for tankers.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

That is a nice set at a good price. They should be 5’4” in 1/16 scale, a nice height for tankers.
                  Thanks, Oldwolf! I recently purchased from EBay a Verlinden 120mm figure that I'm going to paint. I think it is a resin mold for body parts, and will keep the legs off so he can sit in the cupola. But I like your idea. I might buy those figures just to have around for this one or future projects. Appreciate your input!

Davegee

Comment

Originally posted by HardRock View Post

Thanks, Hardrock! I'll keep those in mind. I have already gotten a Verlinden resin figure from EBay that I think will work, but I'll keep these in mind as extra figures for the tank. Appreciate your idea!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

James from Armoured Models has a set of Abrams crew: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16512475500...EAAOSwOQpflyVk

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                        James from Armoured Models has a set of Abrams crew: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16512475500...EAAOSwOQpflyVk
                        Thanks! I will keep that in mind for the future. I have a nice Verlinden tank commander now that I still have to paint that should work, but I like the idea of having a whole crew to display, too.

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                        X